Hi everyone, I hope your week is going well. How do you spend your long weekends? Do you have problems having your desired foods while on a short trip/vacation?
This Memorial Day/long weekend, I am traveling to Seattle where I will be joining some friends for a fun road trip to Montana for one of my dearest friend’s wedding. I am very excited to see my long lost friends. Traveling is always fun, (at least for me)but when you are a vegan or have a food allergy, your trip becomes quiet tough. Thankfully, there is nothing impossible and I am very positive about this trip.
Here are some updates on my whole food diet so far:
- For breakfast I had a jar of gluten free oats with chia and flax seeds mixed in almond milk. That was at 6 am before my flight.
- While at the Chicago O’Hare International Airport waiting for my next flight, I stopped by Starbucks for a green tea and ended up buying a Strawberry Banana Smoothie, which I do not recommend. (Especially, if you are on this diet or if you are a vegan). Apparently, they use a strawberry juice instead of fresh strawberries, plus the smoothie wasn’t as good, I regret buying it.
- Later, I decided to explore my terminal’s plant-based options and walked around for quiet some time. To my surprise I found a small Deli shop that carried a lot of vegan meals.
So, do not restrict yourself on going to this short trips because of your way of eating. There is always an option.
Here are Other options you can have at the airports:
- Regular Salads
- Fruits like apple or banana
- Raw Nuts (make sure to read the labels, since most of them contain milk).
AND please, please stay HYDRATED. Okay, bye for now :).