What you’ll need:
- All purpose flour
- warm water
- Black pepper
- olive oil
- sesame seed
For the dough: 4 cups of wheat flour, 1 cup of water, 0.5 tsp of salt.
For the filling: 500 g of pumpkin, 150 g of onion, spices, salt.
- Mix flour, water and salt to make a fresh cool dough. Leave the dough to stand for 30-40 minutes.
- Divide into 4 flat cakes, sprinkle with flour, cover with a towel and leave for 5 minutes, in a warm place.
- Roll out the pellets on the layers, 1.5 mm-2 mm thick with the help of a long rolling pin.
- Spread the layers and grease with olive oil or coconut oil.
- Roll up all layers into a roll and put in the refrigerator for the night, and preferably in the freezer for 1-2 hours
- Then cut the roll into 4 cm into pieces, put each piece vertically and put pressure on it. After that, roll out with a rolling pin, without breaking the layers, into small circles. On the rolled dough there should appear circles of layers.
- Make the stuffing. Peel the pumpkin and grate. Then peel your onions, wash and finely chop. Together, mix and fry in a pan with pepper, cumin and salt.
- Put a little filling on each cake. Raise the edges of the dough from three sides and fasten with each other – to make a triangular samsa.
- Add some oil on a baking sheet. Put your samsa (seam down). Put the baking tray with samsa in a hot oven and bake until completely cooked.
Finish sambusai kadugi with grease or oil. Serve hot.