Road trips. Yes, it’s all the other fun stuff that happens along the way. So how do we make it fun without having a food exniety. It gets particularly hard if you are on plant-based or on a whole food diet. I’ve always struggled finding the right food as a vegan on my trips, and would always find myself eating cashews or almonds. These type of nuts are healthy, but too much of these nuts can cause an unnecessary weight gain. In this trip I decided to be more mindful about my meals and my health. Before we started our road trip, we stopped by a local organic grocery store near Seattle.
Things you can get for your breakfast:
- Oatmeal – instant organic, non gmo, no sugar o salt added
- Berries (any kind)
- Cashew yogurt – plain, organic
- Mango or berries – to add to your yogurt for a more pleasant taste
- Almond butter – Organic, unsalted, unsweetened
- Avocado with thin puffed cakes
- Almond butter on a thin puffed cake with bananas on top
As you can see there are a lot of healthy foods you can eat during your trips, you have many options. Don’t allow this issue to discourage you from traveling, go ahead and make the best out of that vacation!
My breakfast during my road trip:
- oatmeal with strawberries and bananas in the morning before the trip.
- Black tea (filled up our mugs with tea)
My breakfast Plate at a friend’s house
Snacking in the car
- Raw almonds for the road
- Black Tea
I had exactly 3 liters of water almost every day on my trip, thankfully there was a resting place every two hours of the drive.
- Organic grapes
I was introduced to this delicious snack by my dear friend Karyna. It is mixed with blueberries, hemp and dates. I am planning to make it home.