Oyster mushrooms are my favorite kind of mushrooms, although they are very expensive, they have some amazing health benefits. What’s great about oyster mushrooms is that cooking them does not reduce their nutritional value, according to livestrong.com website. I highly recommend trying them, they are absolutely delicious.
I am sharing with you my own recipe, which is super easy and simple to follow.
- Oyster mushrooms
- Baby Potatoes
- Olive oil (if possible, if not, regular ones would do)
- Dill (dry or fresh)
- Preheat your pan and add olive oil. Bring it to a warm temperature not too hot
- Cut potatoes in cubes and add on a medium heated olive oil. Later adding salt. Let it cook for 10 mins
- Add mushrooms and mix, cover your pot and let it cook for 10 more mins. Leave in a low heat until cooked.
Ta daa it is ready! Enjoy!
Benefits of oyster mushrooms:
- Contains significant antioxidant properties that protect cells in the body which boosts the immune system.(According to Livestrong.com a 3 oz of oyster mushrooms contains 13 milligrams of ergothioneine, and cooking the mushrooms does not reduce this level).
- Antibacterial effects
- Low calorie food, 42 cl per cup
- Nutritional value: zinc, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin C, folic acid, niacin, and vitamins B-1 and B-2.