Oatmeal Pudding or as we call it abck in Tajikistan Shir Birinj. This dish is made with milk and white rice and mostly is a breakfasts meal. I remember my mother would prepare Shir Birinj (Rice Pudding) in the mornings. It is a very traditional Tajik meal, which time saving, easy to make. Usually does not contain sugar or salt but can be added for the flavour. I decided to make this dish with steel-cut oats and coconut cream, which is less caloric.
- Easy to digest
- Low in calories
- Coconut cream
- Steel-cut oats or regular oats
- Sugar or salt optional
- Boil your oats in water until ready, if you are in a rush use regular oats which will cook faster
- I mix my coconut cream with water, boil oats in water and add coconut cream at the end
- You may add sugar if you’d like it a little bit sweet, otherwise it tastes good as it is
- Cook your plantains in water instead of oil. It still tastes good and is much healthier
- For a more flavorful breakfast add nuts
Enjoy and stay warm!