I couldn’t wait but share this simple, quick and plant-based, gluten free recipe with you. There are so many delicious meals that could be made with buckwheat. Buckwheat considers to be low caloric, gluten free and a healthy grain that can be added in any meal. If you haven’t checked my previous post about Buckwheat’s Health Benefits make sure you do to help you understand why buckwheat is a super-food. When I was little my mom used to make buckwheat kasha, buckwheat pilaf and many another yummy meals. Here is a simple, quick, tasty recipe for your busy days to keep you on track with your healthy lifestyle.
Things you need:
Buckwheat (I buy mine from a Russian store in Brooklyn)
Time: 15 mins
- salt – 1/2 tsp.
- coconut oil – 1.5 tbsp. l
- coconut milk 1/3 cup
- water – 4 cups
- buckwheat (unground) – 2 cups
- Boil lightly salted water in a large saucepan. The proportion of water and grains is always the same: for 1 cup of buckwheat, 2 cups of water. Pour buckwheat and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Remove skimmer foam, add coconut milk. Reduce heat and simmer for 6–8 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for a few more minutes. Serve buckwheat with fresh avocado or melted butter.
- Bean sprouts are optional.